At University Centre Shrewsbury, we attach the utmost importance to securing excellent employment prospects for our graduates and preparing them for the workplace.
Excellent Career Services
Your career services are delivered by an active Careers and Employability team that work with students at the University of Chester. Experienced career consultants will help you identify and develop your employability skills, both through the S:PEAR programme and one-to-one discussions, helping you to show employers how your degree and extracurricular experiences have made you ready for work. Furthermore, through University Centre Shrewsbury’s relationship with local employers, there may be opportunities to further enhance your career prospects by gaining valuable experience, skills and knowledge.
Expert Advice and Guidance
Students at University Centre Shrewsbury receive a full range of careers information, advice and guidance services, including:
- Expert staff who can offer face-to-face help and e-guidance support
- Up-to-date information about employers, jobs and postgraduate study
- An online vacancy service, including part-time jobs available while you study
- Online and hard copy resources to help with CVs, applications and preparing for interviews
- Targeted employability skills development built in to the curriculum
- Opportunities to engage with local and national employers
Our Careers and Employability team work in close partnership with all academic departments to deliver course‐based sessions and special events. The team also works in close partnership with the Volunteering Co-ordinator in Student Support to help students access employability-enhancing opportunities.
Thinking of coming to University Centre Shrewsbury?
If you would like to discuss the career possibilities of your chosen programme of study, please visit us at the Open Day and Applicant Days.
If you would like any further information, please contact us by:
Telephone: 01244 513066