If you’ve already booked, or are thinking of attending one of our Visit Days, that really is great news! We always look forward to welcoming guests to UCS.
Attending a Visit Day is a great way to find out more about where you are going to be studying and what to do next.
So, to help you get the most out of your visit, we’ve put together a handy little checklist to help you before and during your visit. Our next Visit Day is on Saturday 18th March, followed by Saturday 8th April.
- Once you’ve booked we'll send you all you need to know to plan your visit, including directions, travel and parking information.
- Why not refresh yourself on the key aspects of your course and what first made you apply or consider University Centre Shrewsbury.
- It may be useful to prepare a few questions to help determine if we are the right university for you. You might want to consider questions such as: What modules and field trips are on offer? What are the options for part-time work and volunteering? What societies are available through the Students’ Union?
- There will be plenty of subject tutors, support staff and current students to talk to during the Visit Day, so make sure you get the most out of the opportunity and ensure your questions are answered.
On the day
One of the most important things to do when attending a Visit Day is to visit your academic department. After that, there are a range of activities you can choose from throughout the afternoon. Don’t miss the opportunity to:
- Take a student-led campus tour
- View examples of the student accommodation
- Get one-to-one information and advice on a range of areas including: Student Support, Admissions, Student Finance, Study Aboard and Accommodation
- Visit the Students’ Union and Student Common Room
- Attend the 'Welcome Talk' to find out more about Shrewsbury and what to do next.
If you haven’t already done so you can also use the opportunity to visit Shrewsbury town – whether it’s a meal out, a quick look around the shops, or taking in the local sights and sounds – it’s important to try and get a feel for the place you could be calling home for the next few years.
Hopefully attending a Visit Day will arm you with everything you need to help make your Firm and Insurance choices, but we’ll be in touch over the weeks and months ahead with all the information you need to know to make that all-important decision and to prepare you for your next steps.
If there’s anything you forget to ask during a Visit Day, we’d love to hear from you so please feel free to get in touch.
You can book your place on to one of our remaining Visit Days here.