University Centre Shrewsbury is proud to play a role in the cultural life of Shropshire.
Many of our events are free, and they are open to everyone.
Our public talks, conferences and study days span the five learning and research areas of UCS, which are aligned to local, regional and national needs:
- Medicine and Health;
- Sustainable Business and Community Development;
- Heritage and the Built Environment;
- Creativity, Culture and Place;
- Environmental Science and Technology.
Within these areas, subjects in our 2018 programme of events range from art and literature to history and trade.
We hope you find something of interest and look forward to welcoming you to University Centre Shrewsbury.
For the following events, please use the links here (which are repeated in the programme) to book:
- Talks organised by Back in Time/Shrewsbury LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) History, to mark LGBT History Month 2018: www.shrewsburylgbthistory.org.uk
- Visit and Open Day/Evenings: www.ucshrewsbury.ac.uk/undergraduate/visit-us
- ‘Value from Waste’ Master Class Course: www.bioenergy-for-business.org
- The Textile Stories Study Day - Working Textiles: Textile Workers: goo.gl/RcrvFm
- Writing the Midlands: A Sense of Place in the Works of Mary Webb and Arnold Bennett: goo.gl/swqps4
- Studying Women’s Writing: A Six-Week Course: goo.gl/uN1CN2
- But, This Is No Place for Poets: Reflecting on the Literature and Art of the First World War: www.ticketsource.co.uk/shrewsbury-bookfest
For all other events, click on ‘Book a place’ below.